SCIAA occupies a total of 28,450 square feet, primarily at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. Additional facilities are located in Aiken, SC, and at Fort Johnson, SC.
- Headquarters (1321 Pendleton St, Columbia). 14,400 square feet dedicated to office space, laboratories, data storage, special collections, and educational exhibits.
- State Curation Facility (700 College St, Columbia). 4,750 square feet housing the South Carolina archaeological collections.
- Workshop/Equipment Storage (vicinity of College and Maxwell Sts, Columbia). 3,000 square feet for the storage of field equipment and supplies.
- Boat Storage (vicinity of College and Maxwell Sts, Columbia). 300 square feet for boat storage
- Charleston Office of the Maritime Research Division at Fort Johnson, SC. 720 square feet for offices and laboratory, supplemented by small tanks for temporary storage of archaeological materials.
- SRARP Facility (Savannah River Site in Aiken, SC, managed for the Department of Energy). 4,200 square feet dedicated to office space and laboratories.
- Jones Laboratory (4th floor of the Jones Building on South Main St., USC-Columbia Campus). Large lab space for washing, drying, processing, analysis, and teaching.